Your remedial massage therapist will assess where you need treatment and what may be causing your pain.
They’ll perform some tests to see exactly which muscles are giving you trouble and will tailor a treatment plan to suit.
The treatment itself may involve deep tissue work for short periods of time, but the results are definitely worth it!
Conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, stiff necks, headaches, sports injuries and many more can be eased with a remedial treatment.
Hot stone massage is widely used in most healing spas nowadays.
What is a hot stone massage?
It is an ancient kind of healing using smooth heated stones during a massage session. Placement of hot stones on the body helps the tight muscles to release. It’s relaxing effect brings a mental and spiritual wellness.
The stones are placed on the energy key points of the body. The heat of the stones warms up the body and releases energy from the muscle. The stones used are of the mineral basalt.
It is a kind of igneous rocks that came from cooled molten lava. Basalt stones are contain iron and good heat retention properties that last for a long periods of time. It is safe to use because they are smooth and usually flat.
Hot stone massage which is one of the best ways to take a break is seen by a lot of people not as a luxury but as a necessity to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you are not sure why, here are the top 10 benefits of hot stone massage:
1. A good way to manage stress. Studies show that stress is the number one root of a lot of diseases and disorders. Whether it’s stress from work, home or daily activities, the result is the same: too much stress can lead to health problems.
And because we can never run away from it, the only way to deal with it is to manage stress efficiently. A hot stone massage offers some relaxing time for your mind and does wonders in releasing muscular tension.
Thus this is one of the best ways to relieve you of stress.
2. Effective in muscle relaxation. The heat in the stones is effective in enabling the muscles to loosen up and relax. This makes it easier for deep tissue manipulation.
3. Improves health conditions. More and more doctors are beginning to recommend this therapy as part of medical treatment of a lot of health problems such as Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension and musculoskeletal problems.
4. Allows better sleep. It’s really hard to get a good quality sleep when you’re over fatigued. With the relaxation you get from this therapy, it makes it easier for you to doze off into a deep sleep which your body needs to recuperate from daily fatigue.
This is why people who have Insomnia are often advised to get this therapy.
5. Relieves pain. Manipulation of muscles can significantly reduce muscle spasm and give comfort to painful muscles so those who suffer from back pains or muscle aches often go for this therapy.
6. Improves blood circulation and flow of energy. The stones are placed on key points of your body known as energy centres which are sometimes clogged or blocked.
7. Allows for easy rehabilitation. Massage can facilitate easy recovery from injuries such as sprains.
8. Releases toxins from your body. When muscles are massaged, toxins that are clogged within are released. This is why, it’s advised that clients drink plenty of water after a session to help flush out those unhealthy and unwanted toxins.
9. Satisfies human longing for touch. It’s only human to crave for hugs and affection. But since our loved ones are not always within a hug’s reach, having a hot stone massage is a good alternative to suffice this need.
10. A calming and soothing massage can do wonders in giving you an emotional boost, leaving you with a happier and more positive outlook in life.